Accurate quotes are an increasingly important element in today’s competitive market. Companies can save time and boost productivity when they streamline their communication with suppliers and reduce the back and forth that can be required to obtain a quote.
SIGMA OEM offers the following “Top 10 Tips” to ensure a smooth and accurate quoting process:
- There is no such thing as “Too Much Information” when providing details for a quote.
- Include the most up-to-date drawings and all drawings required to quote machining, assembly, etc.
- Be sure to provide the weight (if not called out on the drawing) and annual volume of the product.
- Is the part coated? If so, provide the specification as it relates to the finish requirements (ie: primer only, top coat), the coating type (ie: FBE), color, as all of these features affect the price.
- The material is a crucial factor in pricing. If not specified on the drawing, provide grade of material. Are there other specifications as it relates to the material and appearance of the part?
- Provide a sample of the item, if available. If there is a discrepancy betweenthe sample and drawing dimensions, be sure to indicate which to follow.